Followers

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Snowdrops

Time for another challenge over at

Challenge 86
Anything Goes with an optional TWIST .... Easter or Spring Flowers

{create something that speaks from your heart and soul and screams you with the images you use

Welcome back to the IKEsWORLD challenges :)  do pop on over to IKEsWORLD to join in the challenge, it is always so much fun and  Ike produces the most amazing stamps, everything from off the wall to cute and fluffy :) :) :)


Fun time with digital :) :).  I used a free image of Ike's which was given away some time ago call Snowdrops.  The image was coloured digitally and used, not only for the centre panel but also for the side panels where I made a tiled pattern with the snowdrops.   For the background of each panel I used a texture overlay, printed and then mounted on the card with foam tape..  The text was also created digitally directly onto the card with the word Spring filled with the tiled snowdrop pattern.  A pretty simple card created mostly in my recliner while hubby was watching something incredibly boring on the TV hahahaha.

After I made the card I thought I would try something new :)  It has been many years since I bothered to paint my nails but recently I got into the gel polish craze and amateurish nail art although I am practicing hahaha.  Love that my nails last a good couple of weeks before having to do them again.  With having the snowdrops coloured digitally and some decal laser paper I bought last year with the aim of doing mugs I thought I would see if I could make nail decals.  A first attempt and several mistakes but a fun afternoon and that after all is what really counts.  So here  you are a pic of my nails, one hand complete the other awaiting the decals to be put on :)
and a close up of my favourite nail :)

Ingredients:-
  • image - Snowdrops by IKEsART
  • colouring medium - digital 
  • from my stash - alas nothing but the white card and some foam tape  for the card, nail varnish, waterslide decal paper for the nail art
I am entering this project into the following challenges:-

8 comments:

  1. Eeeeeee !!! Just amazing Jane ! I love what you did with this and I would so love to have the backing paper you made !!! :-D :-D
    Your nails look super - what a fantastic thing. I didn't even know you could buy printable decal slidey stuff thingy hahahaha :-D
    Thank you very much for making this for me at IWC :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really great card and I love that the sentiment is done to match! Awesome! Thanks for joining in on our flower challenge at Use Your Stuff and please continue to play along with us each week as we love to see your work!
    Tammy DT co-ordinator

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and love that the alphas match and your nail art is pretty awesome, too!! Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever! thanks for sharing with us at Creatalicious, jackie DT member.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful spring card, love this green colour! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments and good luck!
    Hugs, Wendy / GDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, love your nails too! Thank you for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges!
    ~DT Sherry x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you were able to create the design digitally! The nail art is amazing and such a fun project as well!

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments for our Flowers challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional flowers” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)


    PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy the past couple of weeks…

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi