Followers

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Buck Wild

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.  The prize this month is a $10 coupon to spend in the store :)

Challenge 275 Theme 

'Anything Goes with Autumn Colours'

This fortnight I am working with the image Buck Wild by Reeces Scrap Pieces, a gorgeous digital image to colour or in this case work with digitally to create a needlework applique effect.  

 To  begin with I placed the image into Photoshop and by creating multiple layers added my pattern fills for each area.  Once done I printed the image and added the black stitching lines by hand.  The image was then mounted on black paper.  For the background on the card base I used the Hexagon die by Sarah Davis of Crafters Companion and scraps of brown and yellow papers I had lying around.  WOW that took me ages but I do love the outcome LOL.  To finish off I added three skeleton leaves and a die cut called Love Land Corner by Memory Box.  I kept all the hearts that were part of the cut out design (obvious in a 'use lots of scraps day today) and used them to decorate the left side of the card.  Each heart and heart cut out area was embellished with a yellow glass heart gem.  Last bit was to ad my text using the Die'sire die, Just Because.

Inside of card - saying as I had some hexagons left over and it seemed a shame to put them in the bin I used them to add a bit of decoration and finished off the edges with lines using a gold pen.

Ingredients:-
  • Image - Buck Wild by Reeces Scrap Pieces
  • Colouring medium - digital
  • Dies - Memory Box Love Land Corner, Die'sire Just Because, Crafters Companion Hexagon
  • From my Stash -  Gold pen, gems
I am entering this card into the following challenges:-

Thanks for looking and hope you have a happy crafting day:)

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi