Followers

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Love You Flowers

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.  The prize this month is a $10 coupon to spend in the store :)

Challenge 264 Theme 

'Anything Goes with LAYER IT UP'



I had this creation all planned in my head and some lovely layering using my Spellbinder when we had a 'passing' in the house.  After two surgeries to mend a broken handle my Spellbinder gave up the ghost with a broken gear - :( :( :( one very sad bunny.  On a brighter note this happened on the same day I got an email from Crafters Companion re the launch of the Gemeni, is that perfect timing or what.  Now I have to wait to get to the UK to collect the big box from my daughters lol.  As you can see I am working well in advance of publication dates, I won't have time to craft when back in the UK as my time is already fully booked so must get my DT commitments done now :).  My saving grace is that I also have an electronic cutter so used a super square mult layered design from Monica's Craftroom.  The layers were cut in alternating mauve pearl card and white linen card.  The image used is 'Love You Flowers' by Reeces Scrap Pieces, one of three in the digi set.  I printed the flower nine - yes nine (well it is a Layer It Up challenge!!!!) and then decoupaged each layer removing one petal at a time.  Each layer was added to the one before with a glue dot as I did not want to much height at this point, the layers below were all attached with foam tape.  I also designed the With Love sentiment and this was also cut with my cutter and attached to the card with foam tape.



Ingredients:-
  • Image  -  'Love You Flowers' by Reeces Scrap Pieces
  • Colouring medium - Promarkers and Polychromos
  • Dies - Monica's Craftroom
  • From my Stash - just the card :)
I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Thanks for looking and hope you have a happy crafting day:)

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous project! So lovely. The dies you used are beautiful and of course I love the lavender colors. Hugs, Maggie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi