Followers

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Cause Doodle Ribbon

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.  The prize this month is an awesome digi pack containing several images and a paper pack too - how cool is that.

Challenge #247

Theme 'Think Pink' 

Hi folks, hope you are having a good day :) :) For my DT creation this fortnight I have the change to work with an artist I love :) CraftyGirl Creations.  CraftyGirls artwork always reminds me of my youth somehow, I think it is all the swirls and doodles that appear in her artwork :)  Anyway, this time I am using the image Cause Ribbon Doodle which is perfect for out Think Pink challenge.

I have made simple card as I really wanted the image to be the star of the show.  For the lacy edges I used Spellbinders A2 Scalloped Borders 1, a die I recently bought and I suspect if going to be a favourite :)  For the inside and middle layer of the card I used some heart pink paper I have had for ages and ages.  The two white layers are white linen card and the top layer is also white linen card covered with lace and finished off with three pink pearl brads.  The text was cut using Die'sire - Thinking Of You.


I printed the ribbon image and coloured it with Faber Castell Polychromos. Next was fussy cutting the image and mounting on white card. This was then cut slightly larger than the image. The next layer is the same heart paper I have used throughout and mounted on card before cutting.  Finally the bottom layer is white card again. The top two layers were glued together and the foam tape was used between each of the other layers so I have lots of height on the card.  To finish off the image I went over the black swirls with a white pen then added Liquid Pearls to each of the leaves and the intersections on the lattice section.
For the inside of the cut I used Spellbinders - Diamond Essence.



Ingredients:-
  • Image - Cause Ribbon Doodle by CraftyGirl Creations
  • Colouring medium - Faber Castell Polychromos
  • Dies - Spellbinders A2 Scalloped Borders 1,  Die'sire - Thinking Of You and Spellbinders - Diamond Essence
  • From my Stash - Brads, lace and Liquid Pearls
I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Thanks for looking and hope you have a happy crafting day:)

7 comments:

  1. I love all the layers on your card, it's stunning! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn Challenge, Claire DTx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love what you did with our recipe, this is a gorgeous, warm project. Thank you for joining us at Pile It On and please come back for the newest challenge.
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow...such elegant detail on your card! It's just amazing. Thanks for joining Fun~day Friday at Jo's Scrap Shack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful and unique design; love the layered pink ribbon :-)
    Thanks for playing along with our 1-2-3 challenge at In The Pink!
    Hugs, Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Card, thanks for joining us at the Crafter's Cafe for our Breast Cancer Awareness Month Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Love all the details and layers! WOW!! Thanks for joining us this week at HIMCR!

    Hiding in My Craft Room
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. I adore every little aspect of this make. Thank you so much for joining us at Unicorn Challenge Blog this month. Hugs Traci DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi