Followers

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Scent of a Woman

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.  The prize this month is an awesome digi pack containing several images and a paper pack too - how cool is that.

Challenge #241

Theme 'Anything Goes with Chillaxing' 

In keeping with National Hammock Day how can we do anything other than chill out for a while :) :) Join in our challenge with you calm, relaxing creations or ones showing relaxing pass times.

For my chilllaxing creation I am using the image 'Scent of a Woman' by Stitchy Stamps.  I love this image and it is very close to my heart.  Right at the beginning, just coming up to three years now, I entered my first challenge, I made a card for the StitchyBear Tic, Tac, Toe challenge.  Oh how the nervousness set in, lol, so hard to put your art work out there and just hope folks like it.  You can imagine how elated I was to find out I had won the challenge :) :) :)  By way of saying thank you I then created a thank you card for the next challenge using on of my winning images - sure you have guessed, it was this image I am using for my candle wrapper - my first ever digi prize :)

I have made a video tutorial - click here to view it to show how I make my candle wrappers as it is a pretty hefty blog to write :)  Just quickly though, first I use a photo I have taken, in this case a photo taken on our last trip to Kenya, a place called Lake Magadi which is a salt lake. Not big on wildlife but there are lots of wonderful flamingoes there. It had been 34 years since I was at Lake Magardi and I honestly don't know if it has changed much as I don't really remember it from the first time hehehe.  This time though with camera in hand it was the perfect place to use my wide angled lens to capture the clouds and their reflection in the lake.  OK back to my prep for this wrapper.  Next, using the .png version of the image (one with the background removed) I placed it where I wanted it and printed on my tissue paper which was temporarily adhered to a sheet of stiffer paper.
 Next I coloured the image with Faber Castell Polychromos
 Finally I attached the wrapper to the candle using my heat gun then added some silver bronzing powder and candle varnish at the end.  On the bottom of the candle I have added some Spring Green Flower Soft, although flammable it is in a safe enough location to not be a fire hazard.


Ingredients:-
  • Image - 'Scent of a Woman' by Stitchy Stamps
  • Colouring medium - Faber Castell Polychromos 
  • From my Stash -  tissue paper, adhesive spray, candle varnish, silver bronzing powder and Flower Soft
I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Thanks for looking and hope you have a happy crafting day:)

12 comments:

  1. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Friends.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creation,would make a beautiful gift...
    Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week....x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty creation! Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Friends! We hope to see you often! Hugs, Moshie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful technique. Thanks for joining us at Digitally Sweet this week for our "July Anything Goes" Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just sooooo beautiful and such gorgeous colouring. I do really love your candles :-)

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely project! Thanks for sharing at Crafting with an Attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous. The coloring is beautiful. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the next challenge.
    Sara
    TTCRD DT
    FP3 {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for taking part in our Art by Miran challenge, your project is so delightful and delicate,
    and is a joy to look at .. good luck hugs tracy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your candle looks amazing, glad you could join our anything goes challenge at Crafty Friends, good luck and hope to see you soon again, hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely gorgeous Jane!! I certainly wouldn't want to light this candle!!!! Sorry for the extremely late comment but it's been a pretty c**p 10 days or so. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Fab candles, it would be a shame to ever burn them! Thank you for joining us this month over at Craft for the Craic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful project, good luck with the challenges. Yvonne Tune

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi