Followers

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Granny Time

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.  The prize this month is an awesome digi pack containing several images and a paper pack too - how cool is that.

Challenge #236

Theme 'Anything Goes with SPECIAL LADY' 

There really are so special ladies in the world, from Mums, sisters, teachers etc and of course Grandmothers.  So my Special Lady creation is for a Granny, Grandmother, Nanna etc. When I saw this digi it just reminded me of those special moments that are shared between the two different generations and last a lifetime :) :) :) The image used on this creation is Granny Time by My Heart Pieces.
I coloured the image with Faber Castell Polychromos 
For the rest of the card I used mauve glitter card and covered the front panel with lace.  Next using Spellbinders Adoring Squares and Sizzix Scalloped Squares I made four small toppers which were mounted with foam tape for added heights. Again using Spellbinders Adorning Squares I cut another mount with the mauve glitter card.  Finally the image was cut with Spellbinders Circles.  Next I added a sentiment using silver peel off stickers - Made for Each Other and added some mauve liquid pearls to the digi area.  The patterned paper is from Papermania and with having wee roses on it I carried this theme forward by adding a small spray of mauve rose buds and some pearls.  A star charm was also added to the flower spray, a bit of fun from me because I often say to folks who do lovely things 'you are a star' :).  To finish off a mauve organza ribbon was added, just for that delicate look.  The inside of the card was a simple die cut - Diesire Enchanted Spring to which I added some more Liquid Pearls.


Ingredients:-
  • Image - Granny Time by My Heart Pieces
  • Colouring medium - Faber Castell Polychromos 
  • Dies - Spellbinders Adoring Squares and Sizzix Scalloped Squares  Spellbinders Circles, Diesire Enchanted Spring to which I added some more Liquid Pearls.
  • From my Stash - ribbon, Liquid Pearls, charm, lace, flowers, peel off sticker words etc.
I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Thanks for looking and hope you have a happy crafting day:)

12 comments:

  1. Oh my...now this is a sweet card. I love your adorable images, brings back so many fond memories of my grandmother reading to my sister and I. Thank you so much for playing along with us at DoubleClick Skittles. Guest Designer Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does bring back happy memories. A lovely image and GOrgeous colours.
    Thank you so much for joining us at QKR Stampede.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This picture brought back so many memories of when we were children spending time with gran. She was blind so couldn't read us stories but she had a wealth of tales to tell . She would snake her hand underneath our jumper or blouse and complain that we weren't wearing a vest, or feel around our knees when we were older and tell us our skirts were too short ... lol! Happy times. This image is lovely and beautifully coloured. The lace is beautiful and so too are the other embellishments. Gorgeous! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun card!! Thanks for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge! Past GDT -Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  5. What can I say except this is just STUNNING! I love the sweet image and your coloring as always is just fabulous as well as your whole card design. Fabulous creation Mimi! Maggie - DT Teamier

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWWW, so sweet and makes me think of my Granny!! So beautifully colored and all the accents and colors and details you used just showcase your image so well!! So glad you joined us over at DoubleClick for A Mom or a Girl challenge!!

    Taunya Butler(daisiesgirl.com) Past Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet image! Nice coloring too! Thanks for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge! DT Member Carri~Abusybee Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Mother's Day card.Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede for our Mother's Day Challenge. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. great card beautiful image

    Thanks for joining us in our Ribbons and Lace Challenge at Graph’It Markers Colouring Challenge
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet card, love that stamp! Thanks so much also for adding it to our challenge at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is wonderful. Fab colouring and pretty layout
    Thank you for sharing with us at crafty ribbons
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an awesome card! Thank you for joining the DoubleClick For a Mom or Girl Challenge!
    Beth, GDT
    Beth's Beauties

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi