Followers

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Happy Himalayan

Happy Himalayan

Sweet Pea Stamps are sponsoring the As You Like It challenge and on behalf of the Sweet Pea DT I have created this candle :) :) using the fabulous image Happy Himalayan by Concetta Kilmer which is available as a digi.

The theme for the AS YOU LIKE IT CHALLENGE is 
'Use either alcohol markers or DI inks (either markers or painting with reinkers)'

I thought it would be such fun to do this wonderfully cool cat for my sister who is a real pussy cat lover.  I love cats too lol but alas at the moment don't have a furry friend in the house although that will change when hubby and I return to the UK from working overseas - something to look forward to.  Decorating candles is so much fun and I do get carried away with them as I find they make great gift and are a lovely change from making cards with the digis.  With fire safety being an issue I have spent a lot of time hunting out safe items to use to avoid any accidents, would so hate to be the cause of a fire in a house.  The only part of my candle that is unsafe is the bottom where I tend to use lace or ribbon but this is so far away from the naked flame that the candle would be throw out long before it became an issue. I tend to use large candles as I find them so dramatic when finished, this one is about 11 inches high.
 The image has been coloured with Promarkers.  I generally use coloured pencils to colour my candle wrappers as Promarkers are a bit difficult to work with on tissue paper but this challenge requires alcohol marker or DI inks so Promarkes it is, just as we all love a challenge don't we :) :) :)
And here we have the finished candle.  If you are interested in how I do my candles I have a wee video tutorial you can watch, it is easier than me explaining every step each time I publish a candle :) - Candle Wrapper Tutorial

Ingredients:-
  • Image - Happy Himalayan by Concetta Kilmer
  • Colouring Medium - Promarkers
  • From my Stash - IKEA candle, candle varnish, gold wax trim, gold pen and ribbon.
I am entering into the following challenges:-
Thank you for stopping by today and hope you have a happy crafting time ahead of you :) xx

9 comments:

  1. Very nice, great idea for a gift. Followed the link, but seems the video isn't there. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting for All Seasons and good luck.
    Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeeeee !!! That is so cosmicly coooool - I LUV the kitty image and you made another awesome candle wrap !! Totally amazing :-D xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW candle Jane. Fab choice for your GDT appearance with AYLI, so love it. Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I like this candle. I would not want to burn it because it would take away the awesome cat. I love this idea. Thanks for joining us at Catch the bug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely project. Thank you for joining us at Crafting From The Heart this time we hope to see you again soon. Tracy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea and such skill colouring like that on Tissue Paper! Thanks for playing along at I love Promarkers Lilibet x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing! Such fabulous colouring, alcohol markers on tissue paper is definitely challenging!
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful candle (I could never burn it!) with us at Creative Moments.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant image and thanks for joining us at Crafting For All Seasons. Carol S. DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never seen this challenge on a candle before! The colours look amazing, especially the blue on the eyes..what a brilliant idea, perfectly executed! Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi