Followers

Monday, September 8, 2014

SPS Regal

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase an image from Sweet Pea Stamps and I have chosen to attempt an image I got some time ago Regal, by Rebecca Sinz.  I just love this image so much but it has taken a bit of courage to see if I can colour it


I first printed the image on craft card as I wanted a natural look and then I coloured the image with Spectrum Noir blendable crayons.  For the backing paper I used something very special to me, some paper I bought when I visited Kenya last year.  i have been waiting for the perfect card and I think this was the one to cut into the roll for <g>


Lots of mounting going on with this card, the base layer then a black layer which was sprayed with Crafter Companion Gold spray, then another layer of my Kenya paper which I embossed.  The digi was mounted on black card and some peel off corners were added to the four cornets.  I used some gold netting which I placed behind the mounts and also some rather fancy black lace which looks like medallions.  To finish off three black buttons.  I do love how this turned out, suitable for male or female and the subject so close to my heart.  I am going back to Kenya again this year to visit our friends which is so exciting.  Kenya was where I met my husband, got married and had our kids before we returned to the UK in the mid 80's.  Last year was the first time we had been back, a hard decision to make as it is were our hearts live and we knew going back and having to leave again would be such a hard thing to do.


Ingredients
  • Image -  Regal, by Rebecca Sinz
  • SN blendable pencils
  • Dies - Spellbinders Scalloped Squares
  • Crafters Companion Kraft Card, Gold Spray
  • Ribbon, lace and buttons from my stash
Challenges entered

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Great texture and depth with the netting,lace and layers. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at A. Creative Need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and beautiful love story also! Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze.

    Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super image and your take on it....its lovely...unfortunately you have exceeded our limit of ten challenges per card...or entry....so sorry............. But a lovely beautiful creation.

    Fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks very elegant, classy and beautiful. Thanks for taking part in our Paperminutes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color scheme on this gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge this week. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got up the courage to colour the image, you've done a fab job with it. Lovely colour choices too. Thank you for sharing with us over at Jellypark Friends for our pets/animal challenge. Mel :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. fab, love it , thank you for joining us this month over at the Crafting Musketeers , Fran (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fabulous card, such a gorgeous image.
    Thank you for joining us at Di's Digi Designs.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, its beautiful !!!!! I adore big cats and this card makes them a king. Its gorgeous.
    Good Luck & Thank you for joining us over at Crafting Musketeers Challenge blog.
    {{{hugs}}}
    Marg B DT member for http://craftingmusketeers.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the coloring you did on the kraft paper. It gives it a soft natural look.
    Thank you for joining us at the Cards Galore Encore Make A Card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! Great card, with a great background story. Hope your trip to Kenya is everything you hoped. Thanks for joining in our September themed challenge over at Craft for the Craic.
    Eithne :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi