Followers

Sunday, August 31, 2014

SPS - Gears and Glass

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase an image from Sweet Pea Stamps and I have chosen to work with the image Gears and Glass by Meredith Dillman.  I followed this month challenge theme for this creation of 'The Holiday's are Coming'.  As I keep saying I am not a lover of Christmas and I have to admit I don't like Halloween either, I guess it is because the kids have grown up and at the moment we live in different countries, the kids in the UK and hubby and I are in Saudi Arabia just now.  Anyway, back to my creation, during holiday festivities there are always lots of parties going on so my card is party based :) with the floral background representing leaves and flowers falling for Autumn and the lovely lady all dressed up in her finest attire for Halloween and Christmas parties.  Hope I get away with my off the wall thinking hahahaha.


To begin with I printed and coloured the image with Promarkers.  I then added clear embossing powder to her shoes and holographic embossing powder to her wings and the lights.  Trying something new, I distressed the edges with the Tim Holtz distressing tool - very odd to use but easy peasy.
Promarkers used
There is not much work in the embellishing of this card, just some lace and a border which I added text to before printing.  A couple of corner dies (Tattered Lace) and that was it.  However not an easy card in my book, the image took me about 2 hours to colour, so quick on the card, timely on the colouring :)

Ingredients
  • Image -  Gears and Glass by Meredith Dillman
  • Promarkers
  • Dies - Tattered Lace corners
  • Backing paper - Crafters Companion
  • Lace and buttons from my stash
Challenges entered

4 comments:

  1. She lovely great image.
    Very pretty card great papers.

    Thanks for joining us at hobbybook designers

    Tracey dt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am struck with the somewhat sad look on her face... must be fitting since you aren't looking forward to the holidays! Your color choices are delightful and up beat... dressed for the parties - but her face gives her away! Thank you for sharing your very pretty project & your creativity at our house!
    Challenge #87 - Anything Goes w/optional Sights, Sounds, Tastes of Autumn
    ~ginny, DT for 613 Ave Create
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and image. Your coloring is outstanding! Thanks for playing at Creative Knockouts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow beautiful colours thanks for joining us at sisteract this week and good luck
    hugs Tonnie DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi