Followers

Monday, July 21, 2014

SPS - Artist Week - Fire Dragon by Lisa Victoria

Sweet Pea Stamps

Hello folks, here I am again with another creation for  Sweet Pea Stamps.  Today I am sharing with you my DT creation for Artist Week where the whole team use an image by the artist Lisa Victoria.  I have chosen the image Fire Dragon to work with :)

This is a rather simple card and an even more simple blog post as I am still without an Internet connection in my house and am also in the process of packing for my return trip to Saudi on Wednesday morning.

Here is a close-up of the coloured digi.  For the colouring I used the new Spectrum Noir blend able pencils.  The first time I used the pencils I also used the blending solution which removes the wax and only leaves the coloured pigment behind leaving an effect very similar to that of our beloved Promarkers and Copics.  This time I have not used the blending solution but instead built up the image with several layers of the crayons so I can see what the different effect is.

 For the corners of the card and the flames from the dragon I have used fire coloured gold leaf which I have just bough but it is in my house and I am writing this at my daughter house (saying as she has an Internet connection :) :) :) ) and I can't remember the name of it.  I do love the outcome though and an rather glad I bought it the other day.  Now I wish I had bought more but that will have to be next year now.


Thank you for stopping by :)

Ingredients
  • Digi Fire Dragon by Lisa Victoria  Sweet Pea Stamps
  • Spectrum Noir Blendable Pencils
  • Dies - X-Cut for the black mount and Tattered Lace for the alphabet
Challenges entered

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi